Question : Users Bypassing Bluecoat server via settings

Hi All,
It's come to my attention that there is a user here that has found a way to bypass our proxy server.  He is not using https sites, or bypassing via proxy sites, he has said that it is a setting that he has changed on his computer, I have also seen that it does not ask for authentication.

Does anyone here know what he would be changing? I have searched everywhere, gone through the Bluecoat forums and have come up with nothing.  

Thanks,
ipko

Answer : Users Bypassing Bluecoat server via settings

The user is most likely changing the proxy settings in IE.. So if you go to Tools --- Internet Options ---- Connections ---- Lan Settings ----- and look to see if he has the proxy settings correct. He could have simply unchecked the proxy server settings and it will by pass the proxy settings all together. This means that your bluecoat is setup in explicit mode and requires your browser to point to the proxy to be filtered. If you have Active directory setup you can setup a group policy setting to disable the user from making any changes to the browser settings. Let me know if this helped.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us