Question : Cannot authenticate Workgroup PC to shared printer on AD Domain

I have a Win2000 Pro PC on an active directory domain (SBS2003R2) that has a printer shared out and published. In security it is setup so that everyone has full access. I am trying to access this printer from a XP Pro Sp2 PC on a workgroup. The user on the XP Pro PC is not setup as a domain user, nor do they have a local account on the Win2000 PC. I was able to see the Win2000 PC through the install printer wizard browse page, but it would not show the shared printer that hangs off of it. I entered the path to the printer using the //ipaddr/share name for the Win2000 PC. At this point I was able to access the printer and it then asked for authentication, user name and password. I have not been able to get authentication for this resource. I have used the administrator name/PW, user name/PW ... for the Win2000 PC, but each time it returns the authentication request.

I have looked through most of the comments listed, but did not see one that was specific to this issue. Your help in getting a somewhat simple and solid solution would be most appreciated.

Thanks - Hbee3

Answer : Cannot authenticate Workgroup PC to shared printer on AD Domain

I would like to thank johnyens and rsvpcomp for their ideas about the domain user. To resolve this I created a Domain user with the same name as the local user on the WinXP PC and added them to the Domain Admin group (this part may not have been necessisary). I was then able to access the printer without any further "rights" problems. I appreciate the time and sharing of knowledge.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us