Question : Can the Winsock Control in eVB support wireless programing for pocket PC??

Hi,

Can the Winsock Control in eVB 3.0 support wireless programing for pocket PC?? If it suport, can  I know of some links/sites that indicate this or show me how??? Thanks

Answer : Can the Winsock Control in eVB support wireless programing for pocket PC??

Yes, you can.  I have successfully developed and installed applications like this.  I don't encounter any bugs.  Below are tips:

1.  If you will connect multi-rf clients to the server,
    - The server receives the data from the rf client twice or so, so you need to concatenate the data you received by index.  You need to create protocols and delimeters to the data you send and receive.

For ex.   Client to Server  LOGIN||admin||password||$$
    Login is the protocol, "||" is the delimeter and "$$" is the end of the protocol. So once the server receives the data and check if $$ is there.  You can now parse the data and process it.

2.  Create a from and put the winsock control on it.  Then create all the procedures and methods you want.  Then use this form to all your other forms.  Meaning, you don't need to put winsock control to all your forms.

For ex.  The name of the form is socket
Inside the form socket are functions close, connect, dataarrival, senddata, getdata, wait, connectoserver.

If you want to use it to other forms, for example at the beginning of the application is establishing connection to the server. Use socket.connect(ipaddress, portno).

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us