Question : Windows 2003 Terminal Services Permissions Problem. Run-time error 339.

I am running Windows 2003 Server with Terminal Services on the same file server.  The one main application had been running fine for the TS users.  I just installed an update to the application and now all of the users are getting a run-time error message “330” when they try to run the application.  I have found however, if I give the TS users administrative access, then the application runs OK again.  I have experimented with all of the file permissions and user rights and cannot find any combination that fixes the problem.

I think the application is trying to access the Windows System32 directory when it fails.

Answer : Windows 2003 Terminal Services Permissions Problem. Run-time error 339.

Not sure if this is still a feature in 2003 but in 2000 you had to put the server in install mode by typing "change user /install" at a prompt. If this is then maybe try reinstalling. What do the event logs say? Does the user accounts have the proper rights to the app?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us