Question : <a rel="nofollow" href="FTP" target="_blank">FTP</a>: 530 user username cannot log in error - Windows Server 2003, IIS 6.0

I'm so frustrated with this that I'm sure it's something simple that I overlooked.  In IIS 5.0, I liked how I can specify the 'operators' of the FTP site and limit their activity through NTFS permissions.

I did a fresh install of win2k3 server ent ed, installed SP1 (forced in order to install Visual Studio 2005), installed IIS with FTP.  I opened a command prompted and typed "FTP localhost" entered the anonymous stuff and logged in no problem.

I created the user "ftp", went to inetpub and gave ftp user full control of ftproot.  Then, went to IIS/MSFTPSVC and unchecked allow anonymous access.  I went back to the command prompt and ftp'd to localhost again, used the ftp user, but got "530 user ftp cannot log in".  I went back and checked everything again, but all looks well, so I tried with the Administrator account and received the same results.  I added ftp to both log on locally and access computer from the network, but got the same results.

I installed a second FTP site called 'test' that listened on port 22 that pointed to "C:\FTP" that had everyone with full control.  I opened FTP://localhost:22 and got the exact same error.

I uninstalled IIS and re-installed to start from scratch, but that didn't help.

I made sure I set up the site NOT using either isolation mode (I did this several times to make sure I wasn't doing something stupid).

I'm completely stumped and don't know where to go from here.

Anyone have any ideas?

Answer : <a rel="nofollow" href="FTP" target="_blank">FTP</a>: 530 user username cannot log in error - Windows Server 2003, IIS 6.0

did you login with domain-name\user or just user?

See
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/200475
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us