Question : Internet Connection Problem - DNS Error

I am having a problem with only one laptop that is a part of a network with several hundred computers. The machine was brought in out of the field and I don't know whether this is a new or existing problem. I re-installed the operating system and when I try to connect to the internet I get a DNS Error over the wired connection. I have used the same ethernet cable and port for other computers and they connect fine. I can actually sign onto my network and move around my network with no problems. I can map drives and do anything else I want. I have checked the IPCONFIG and it is getting the same information as all our other DHCP clients, so I know the DNS and configurations at that level are correct. Does anyone have ideas.

Answer : Internet Connection Problem - DNS Error

All in all I have determined this to be a hardware issue. I have a green connect light on my NIC even though there is not any cable hooked into it at all. I tried to disable the internal NIC through the BIOS to see if that would have an affect on the link light.   IT didn't. I decided to go ahead and use an external NIC (PCMCIA) and it connects fine. I would like to thank everyone for their thought, but nothing worked.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us