Question : Vista machine putting XP machine in "The following  discovered devices can not be placed in the map", XP can't see Vista.

I just set up a replacement Vista machine for one that went bunk last week.  I turned on all the file sharing on both machines and turned off both the firewalls, I can ping each one from the other but I can't get the XP machine to see the vista machine and the vista machine can see xp box but puts it on the lower part of the network map with the message in the title.  I looked at the LLTD fix, but when I downloaded it my computer said I already had it installed and aborted the install (I'm running SP3).  Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it?

Answer : Vista machine putting XP machine in "The following  discovered devices can not be placed in the map", XP can't see Vista.

I finally figured it out, found another posting on the linksys forums (http://forums.linksys.com/linksys/board/message?board.id=Wired_Routers&message.id=19176) that clued me into what i needed to do.  
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us