Question : RPC Proxy Server troubleshooting

I have a single W2k3 server running a single Exchange server 2k3 installation and I am trying to get RPC over HTTP working... but with no luck.

- The RPC Proxy is running on the same machine.
- I've made all the registry changes detailed in Microsoft's RPC over HTTP deployment document.

I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the proxy and I've been using rpcping to try to make sense of it all. What I really need is some help troubleshooting the error I'm getting back.

I'm using rpping like this:

rpcping -t ncacn_http -s ExchServer -o RpcProxy=RPCProxyServer -P "user,domain,*" -I "user,domain,*" -H 2 -u 10 -a connect -F 3 -v 3 -E -R none

... and I'm getting this back:

401: Client is not authorized to ping RPC proxy

... and Microsoft say this:

You receive this response if the RPC Ping Utility test failed. The PRC Ping Utility test may have failed if HTTP access is denied, if there are incorrect credentials on the –P switch, or if the user does not exit.

So basically, if you can get me pinging the proxy...you get the points.

Answer : RPC Proxy Server troubleshooting

On the RPC Proxy server computer, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
Expand your domain, double-click Default Web Site, right-click RPC, and then click Properties.
Click the Directory Security tab, and then click View Certificate.
Make sure that the certificate is issued to the same server that is used by the client for authentication.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us