Question : Log on locally to Domain controller

in local security settings/user rights assignment , I gave logon locally right to a domain user, I restarted the domain controller and tried to logon with the domain users account, but I received the message that it doesn't permit to logon locally with this account.

I am not sure what I have done wrong.

any help?

thanks

Answer : Log on locally to Domain controller

Remember that many of these items are just MMC snap ins. You can do things at many levels and then just drill down to the areas that you want or you can use a snap in that starts where you want to work from (if one exists)

Tha same principle can be used when you delegate tasks/responsibilites to other users. You can use the delegate option and then create small, controlled snap ins for them to use so that they only see the parts off the policy that they rae allowed access to. Using the top level MMC would let them see many areas that you might not want them to.

Maybe this link will explain the overview better than I can to you.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/TechRef/6c1cd4b6-abe2-4905-ba75-d9fce63c4db4.mspx  Have a look at the group policy components section

HTH

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us