Question : Problems with DNS Aging and Scavenging

Recently I set up Aging and Scavenging on our DNS server (Server 2003). It seems to be working for the most part but I am having the following issues.

In my Forward Lookup Zone there are some folders like _MSDC or something I cant name them at the moment because they are gone. But anyway sometimes they are there and sometimes they are not. The only thing I have in there right now is some host(A) records, an (SOA) and  (NS) record. I dont know if I need the other stuff and if so why it is going away.

The main problem I think is this. there should be a host record for one of my servers in there but it keeps dissapearing. I can add the (A) record and I make sure that the box is not checked that says "delete this record when it becomes stale. what happens is that after some time for some reason the box gets checked, and then the record is deleted when scavenging is done. There is another server that also gets this box checked but it never gets deleted. not sure why.

Answer : Problems with DNS Aging and Scavenging

make sure of the configuration on the Priamry DNS server that has the SOA , coz on DNS replication , its configuratin dominates on other servers.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us