Event Source:      DnsApi
Event Category:      None
Event ID:      11162
Date:            1/23/2007
Time:            7:59:28 AM
User:            N/A
Computer:      3CF35EFDE5524F6
Description:
The system failed to register host (A) resource records (RRs) for network adapter
with settings:

Adapter Name : {2015885A-18FD-4231-87AA-E6C13C68019A}
   Host Name : 3CF35EFDE5524F6
   Primary Domain Suffix : swallergy.com
   DNS server list :
   Sent update to server : 192.1.1.1
   IP Address(es) :

The reason the system could not register these RRs was because the update request it sent to the DNS server timed out. The most likely cause of this is that the DNS server authoritative for the name it was attempting to register or update is not running at this time.

You can manually retry DNS registration of the network adapter and its settings by typing "ipconfig /registerdns" at the command prompt. If problems still persist, contact your DNS server or network systems administrator.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 2c 23 00 00               ,#..    

I tried putting in a new network card and it is still doing the same thing. I am fairly inexperienced in this area. Is there a setting or something on the server that needs to be changed?

Answer : Registering DNS

Yes and no - DNS problems are usually very traumatic in nature. You will notice significant problems all around - not just in a single application. Incorrect DNS suffix can slow things down - possible but not definite.

Sorry I don't have a solid yes or no answer - it depends on a number of influences.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us