Question : Will USB adaptor make printer wireless?

My ADSL ethernet modem is cabled to an 802.11b wireless router through which I access the internet from my Pentium 4 Windows XP notebook. If I plug a wireless USB adaptor into the USB port on my printer, will my notebook be able to access the printer wirelessly through the router? Thanks.

Answer : Will USB adaptor make printer wireless?

I would reccomend to physically connect your printer (USB or Parallel) to your desktop computer and connect your wireless USB adaptore to your notebook for wireless network access.  Then, go to your printers folder on your desktop computer within Windows and right click on your printer and select "Sharing".

Then, I would enable sharing of your printer.  Once complete, return to your Notebook and find your "Printers" folder on it and a new a new printer.  During the wizard, you will be asked whether you want to install a local or network printer.  I would select network printer.  When asked for a URL, simply leave it blank and click next.  Your notebook will automatiically search for the printer on the network, provided you enabled the sharing properly on your desktop.  This may take a couple of minutes to complete the search.  Once the search is complete, you should see the printer in the list.  Select the printer and click "Finish"

Now you should be able to print to your printer from your notebook.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us