Question : Looking for a Linux/BSD virtual hosting plan with spam filtration

We have been with a provider of virtual hosting for some years but have found their reluctance to provide any kind of spam filtration frustrating.  We are therefore looking for a similar virtual hosting solution with spam filtration on top of the usual features: Apache, PHP, Perl, multiple domains, MySQL, FTP access, E-mail.

I've been hunting already through a variety of comparison sites, but the spam filtration is rarely given as an option so I'm throwing the question out there. ;)

Answer : Looking for a Linux/BSD virtual hosting plan with spam filtration

Except for GoDaddy, with whom I have had an unsatisfactory experience, I have nothing to say about any on that list, but I do make the observation that "you get what you pay for."

Storage is cheap. Bandwidth isn't really THAT expensive on a per customer basis if you only allow certain things. But as with any business, something has to suffer if you cut prices. An example: Oil prices are up, so Southwest just announced that instead of allowing you to check three suitcases at 50 lbs each, you can only check two; if you want to check a third, it'll cost you. Why? Because the weight of the plane affects the efficiency of fuel consumption -- so rather than raise prices a lot, they cut costs.

With hosting services, it's the same thing. They cut costs, and generally, I would bet that the place they cut is in payroll -- how much support you get. I mentioned goldrush.com above, because I was one of their first customers when they opened, and occasionally do some non-web related work for them. As such, the service I get is pretty fair, even though they're not open nights and weekends. I don't know that you could expect the same, though.

But even with servergrid.com or GoDaddy.com, everyone else's experience will be different. But personally, the difference between spending $8 a month or $80 a month is small if it saves you $200 a month in work.

ep
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us