Question : osi model

Hello
I am currently studying a networking course and am hoping that you can answer a few questions for me
The questions are:
1) The process of repackaging data bins into data frames is the responsibility of which osi layer.I beleive it to be the Data link layer is this correct.

2) The OSI layer that orovides a reliable method of transmitting data over a physical media. I think that the answer is Network layer Right or wrong

3) The data transfers,message handling and transport routes are added to the packet at the Network layer is this right

4) the error free delivery of packets is ensured at the transport layer is this correct.

5) Communications are established, maintained and coordinated at which layer of the OSI model. I think that it is theSession layer am i right

Leaving the OSI model please can you give me some help in answering the following questions

1) What is the process usually called when a program inserts a sequence code in another program in order to continually replicate itself
2) to connect two networks that use different protocals would you use a gateway
3) Is NWlink the Microsoft compatiableimplementation of the IPX/SPX protocal
4) What is the term used to describe the speed of oscillation of the soundwave on which a bit of data is carried. is it a wavelength

I would appreciate any help that you can give me as i seem to be going around in circles and feel that if i can get the answers to these questions then i can get some direction
Many thanks
Graham

Answer : osi model

ok, lets do it one by one:

1) The process of repackaging data bins into data frames is the responsibility of which osi layer.I beleive it to be the Data link layer is this correct.

correct.

2) The OSI layer that orovides a reliable method of transmitting data over a physical media. I think that the answer is Network layer Right or wrong

wrong. it should be transportation layer.

3) The data transfers,message handling and transport routes are added to the packet at the Network layer is this right

right.

4) the error free delivery of packets is ensured at the transport layer is this correct.

correct.

5) Communications are established, maintained and coordinated at which layer of the OSI model. I think that it is theSession layer am i right

right.

1) What is the process usually called when a program inserts a sequence code in another program in order to continually replicate itself

infection of computer virus.

2) to connect two networks that use different protocals would you use a gateway

yes.

3) Is NWlink the Microsoft compatiableimplementation of the IPX/SPX protocal

yes.

4) What is the term used to describe the speed of oscillation of the soundwave on which a bit of data is carried. is it a wavelength

frequency
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us