Question : HP Printer ethernet connectivity service creates a lag at startup

Hi All

After doing some more work my previous question asked titled "IBM Lenovo Wireless Adapters take longer than normal to activate" I have found the problem.
The common denominator I have found with this issue on the systems I have witnessed is that all of them connect to a HP Printer with ethernet connectivity.  I have an HP J6480 all-in-one and my 2 pc's connect to it via ethernet.  I found that at PC start-up it starts a service called hpqcxs08 using the file path C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k hpdevmgmt.  This service takes about 45 - 90 seconds to start and in fact in the event viewer description box it states:
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( hpqcxs08 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.

It does not show as an error.

What I found was that if i disabled this service, the PC boots up and the network connection starts up almost instantly during the start-up process.  There is no lag time at all.  The only issue with disabling this service is that if I want to scan something using the HP all-in-one an error comes up saying the device could not be found.

Obviously the PC has the hpqcxs08 service has to start before the network adapter service starts.

Has anyone else had experience with this HP service?  is there a work around I can use whereby the service will not create a lag time at startup for the network adapter but I can still use the scanner.

Answer : HP Printer ethernet connectivity service creates a lag at startup

A HP expert was able to help me with this one.

To resolve this issue where you connect to a HP all-in-one unit via ethernet (cable or wireless) and the PC start-up process is delayed with regards to activating the network connection, open Windows services screen in Admin Tools then

make sure the default startup/status for hpqcxs08 service (manual/started) and set as manual the startup type for the HP service called "HP CUE Discovery Service".

Making the above changes resolve this issue for me!
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us