Question : WIFI/HOTSPOT SOFTWARE

I am looking around for some software package that will allow us to setup a wifi hotspot service with our stores.

I need a software package that I can install at our headoffice that will allow users at each store to open there laptops and use our wifi in stores but first they cannot get out to the WWW until sigining up. I know that companies do this already but we have business broadband in place and just want away of preventing access untill they signup which will then allow then to go to any of our stores and just put there username/password in and off they go.

Any ideas where I cn find software that does this?

Answer : WIFI/HOTSPOT SOFTWARE

Setting up something on your own is sort of complicated, as you will find when you try it.

There is a complete solution, with a Linksys WiFi gateway router running (no doubt) DD-WRT software, and they provide the software for a computer to do the revenue gathering.   The total cost of this solution seems very reasonable at just under 100 bucks (less if you want to buy the router and load the required router firmware).

This outfit takes 25% of the revenue, you get 75%, not a bad deal for doing very little except installing the hardware and getting back to something more interesting.

http://www.hotspotpa.com/hspainfo.aspx

I hope this information at least gets you thinking of some solutions. This one looks good to me, but there may be others just as good or better.

Jeff
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us