Question : Lotus Notes Version 8.5 (Evaluation Copy)

Hi,

1) This is related to the Lotus Notes version 8.5
2) I want to download the evaluation copy
3) I want to  download the software for the server (Lotus Domino Server) and for the Lotus Notes Client (The client software)
4) My questions: Please Clarify or confirm whether i am in the right track
First: To download the server version, i go to the Link (provided from previous discussion by Greg), i select "Lotus Domino and Lotus iNotes"; is it right?
Second: To download the Client software (Lotus notes client), i select " Lotus Notes and Domino Administator", is it right?

5) Question # 3: I am still confused here: The software "Lotus Notes and Domino Administrator" is NOT the server software, right? It is the client software (lotus notes client) with the ADDITIONAL CAPABILITY or HAVING THE domino admin's tools, right?

6) Thank you

tjie

Answer : Lotus Notes Version 8.5 (Evaluation Copy)

Where they can be downloaded from I can't tell you, but here a short description of the names that are used for clients and servers:

- Domino is the server
- the Notes client is the standard user client
- iNotes is nothing more than an extension to the server (Internet Notes) that enables you to use a browser for mail access
- the Domino Administrator client is the client for administrative purposes (admin tools)
- the Domino Designer client is used for developing and maintaining applications

The Domino server is available on many O/S environments: Windows, Linux, Unix, etc. There are Notes clients on Windows and Macintosh, and since R8 also on Linux. The Designer client runs on Windows, and the Admin client I'm not sure of.

Hope this helps you a little.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us