Question : Add network printer to Win XP

Hello.  I don't know how to add a network printer from my Windows XP.  I have a HP LaserJet 4 Plus.  I use a Linksys BEFSR41 which is a router and a 4 port switch.  My Win XP computer is connected to a linksys 5 port hub which is then connected to the router.  I can get cable internet but I cannot print.

I tried using HP Install Network Printer Wizard but no luck.  It keeps saying to restart the printer and the printer power cycle.

When I tried to install it manually it ask for network printer name and I don't think I ever gave it one.  All my other computers (2 win 98 computers) are able to print to the network printer.  All I had to do with those machines is run the HP Install Network Printer Wizard.

Answer : Add network printer to Win XP

To complete step 6 all you need to do is specify the port program you are using.  Since this is an HP select the multi-port jet direct.  Also, if this does not work.  Run the HP Install Printer Wizard first, have it find your network, and let it set it up.  Then you install it manually next by following the website.  If you do this, step 6 will run smooth and you will continue to step 7 without a flaw.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us