Question : networking in unix

Through telnet connection, i want to login to a unix server and i want that it should always connect to the server with a particular ttyp terminal. It means that whenever i try to telnet from counter no 1 and get connected with the server, it should always connect as ttyp01 only. Likewise from ctr no 2, it should always connect as ttyp02 only. How to implement it in case of SCO unix 5.0.5 server. Please reply as soon as possible. Thanking you,

Regards

Answer : networking in unix

I believe I have explained how.  You start with the source code to telnetd and hack it to keep a state file with the associations between client IP's and tty's and try to re-use the same ones.

Since they may already be in use, you have to decide what to do if you can't allocate the one you want (perhaps use a range for each client).

Also, unless you have an SCO source license, you'll first have to port one of the oepn source telnetd's.

I'm not saying this is easy.  In fact, I'm saying it's very difficult.  However, I am saying this is the easiest way to accomplish what you want and that it definitely will work.

"Sometimes when you fill a vacuum it still sucks."
  - Brian Kernighan on X Windows
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us