Question : Cable Broadband Wireless Internet via another Wireless Router

hi

I have cable broadband. Motorola cable modem is already connected to Linksys WRT54GC wireless router and I am sharing my internet on desktop and laptop with wire and wireless.
I also have another Linksys wireless router. I would like to make connection between 2 routers.

I mean the laptop will be connect to internet via another Linksys router.

ISP (cable broadband) ----> cable modem ---->  Linksys WRT54GC ----> Another Linksys wireless router ----> Internet on Laptop

The routers should be connected each other wireless.

Thanks

Answer : Cable Broadband Wireless Internet via another Wireless Router

As i first stated you need a set of routers that support bridging.  or whatever WDS is (communicates with mac and waste alot of bandwidth)  WDS does not sound very good to me,, but maybe its a fit for your.. however, your routers have to support it.  OF coarse they will work with a wire attaching them as then they are just plain AP's.

ignoreing WDS because i never used it and not sure i like the sound of it, the following must be true

-Both your routers support bridging (and to eachother.. a dlink i used would only work with another dlink)
-You have a 3rd router to be the WAP and a fourth if you want wirless at both location and its far appart.

In short, use the 1 wire to link them if possible :)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us