Question : AIM Port Forwarding

Hey experts,

I've searched a similar solution here, but have not been able to find the exact answer...

I recently set up a wireless router at a friends house. His little sister can no longer send photos via AIM.

It is a linksys wrt54g standard router, and I know there is a known issue between AIM & the router. However, some of the solutions indicated that using port forwarding, triggering, or DMZ could solve this issue. Although I am 100% sure i followed the correct instructions, we were still unable to connect to eachother. Behind my linkyss wrt54g router, i had no issue connecting to others.

One of the solutions on EE (http://www.experts-exchange.com/Networking/Broadband/DSL_Cable/Q_20410745.html) indicated that I should use port triggering, another one I found on the web (can't find it now lol) indicated enabling DMZ.

I am wondering if you guys have any additional solutions for me, or perhaps some more detailed instructions in case I did something wrong.  Thanks in advance,

Scott

Answer : AIM Port Forwarding

Add a permit always rule for port 4443.  Norton may not be recognizing it as an AIM port, and therefore be blocking it.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us