Question : MAC file access & Netware 6.5

Hi,

I've a client with Netware 6.5 SP2, with the AFPTCP patch, and Mac OSX machines. They have a problem where the mac file explorer works fine, but when getting dir lists or opening files from within a MAC application (any) the system response is VERY slow. It is as if the mac is trying to open every file rather than giving just a dir list. They have a lot of linked files on this system, so NEED to be able to access this links from with apps. Any help would really be appreciated...
Matt

Answer : MAC file access & Netware 6.5

Sorry for not getting back to this as quickly as you may have hoped!

The thing to try is to put the IP address into the tree field and see how that works.

I had to do this at our site as I'm pretty sure that SLP etc had not been configured correctly on the server (see my comment above about outsourcer's knowledge of NetWare :-)

As I suggested though, this is only a useful solution if the number of macs is way less than the number of PC's and, in our case, was preferable because I did not have to get the support people to change anything on the server. I'm not clear from your initial question if one mac or all macs are having this problem.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us