Question : Onchange event - want to change another field in web based form Notes 6.5

I have an online form in Lotus Notes 6.5 that was developed by someone else and I am trying to make changes to it. It has one field, System, that is a dialog box of choices. The field has an Onchange event in which other sections of the form are displayed or hidden.
I added a new section in the Onchange Javascript that will have a link to a URL. The URL will pass a parameter which should be the system, like www.xxxxxx.com?system=ZZZZZZ.
I have tried having the link as Computed Text but that doesn't seem to work since the document is not being saved or refreshed.
I read some ideas and tried checking "Refresh fields on keyword change". But that just made the hidden fields display briefly before going away, so I set that back.
I tried calculating the value of the URL in the Onchange event for System. I know it works since the field is correct after the document is saved but if I try to put a field in the new link section that has the value of this calculated field, it doesn't load since I make it a computed field.
How can I get the URL link to be dynamic based on the value of the System field?
Thanks!

Answer : Onchange event - want to change another field in web based form Notes 6.5

Thanks for the comments.
In the Onchange event Javascript I set a field up like the code below.
The system=getchoice was already in there so I added the next line to set the value of my link field. (It has a dummy URL for now). It appears to work since the document has this field saved like I would expect, with the system as part of the URL. But I am not sure if this is just because the field is getting refreshed at save time.

If the system entered is BlackBerry, then the other bit of code is executed which shows the FAQSection which I added to the form.
I can't figure out how to display the URL. I tried putting a field where it says that pulls the value of my FAQLink field. But if I left it as editable, it caused a text box on the form and I just want to display it. So that is why I tried the computed value and of course, that doesn't populate with the revised FAQLink value.

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
22:
system=getChoice("SystemSW");
this.form.FAQLink.value="http://www.faq.com?system="+getChoice("SystemSW")+"";
<>
//BlackBerry Question
if (system=="BlackBerry") {
   toggleVisibility("FAQSection", "show");
   toggleVisibility("IssueSection", "show");
   toggleVisibility("QuestionSection", "show");      
   this.form.Comments.focus()

Question = "Is this a new phone activation? If so, what kind of phone do you have? \n\n  Answer: \n\nCan you send/receive emails? \n\n  Answer:"; 

this.form.Problem.value = Question
 }
<>

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us