Question : Logon script not mapping drives correctly

We have a logon script that maps two network drives.  For all but about 3 users this script runs fine.  However, for these 3 users, the drives do not map and the script gives an error.  Usually just logging off and then logging back on corrects this, but no matter how many times they log off and log back on, the script still returns an error messge.  I've checked their IP settings and they all appear to have the correct Default Gateway, DNS servers, WINS server, Subnet Mask, and IP Address (we are using DHCP).  I can ping the server that the drives are mapped to, and it also resolves the IP Address of this server as well.  I can also UNC to the server, however, none of the shares show up and I get a blank window.  I can UNC to the other servers on our network and they come up just fine.  Email is working on their computers as is internet and intranet access.  Even if I log in as the network admin, I still get the same error message that the drives cannot be mapped.  I also cannot manually map the drives since the shares don't show up in the server.

I've tried removing the user's computer from the domain, deleting and recreating their profile, releasing and renewing the IP Address, but none of these have helped.

Also, one of these users has logged onto a different computer and the logon script ran fine.

Answer : Logon script not mapping drives correctly

ps- run netdiag on one of the problematic PC's.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us