Question : One user's phone doesn't notify "new messages"

I'm a complete call manager novice, and have been tasked with fixing a problem I don't understand. We're using Cisco call manager 4.1 with unity 4 build 4.0(5).  I have one user who's phone no longer notifies him of new messages, either with the red light indicator or the "new messages" icon.  A check of his mailbox shows 70+ new messages and somethng like 80+ saved, but despite resetting the device at the call manager and disconnecting and reconnecting the phone, the problem persists.  I've reset the Unity server as well, no cange. Can someone please offer some assistance, starting with where to look and how to troubleshoot?  User isn't opposed to blowing away the phone config and/or voicemail box and recreating, but I'm hoping there are some steps I can take that aren't as drastic.

THANK YOU!!

Answer : One user's phone doesn't notify "new messages"

Is the user's phone extension the same as their mailbox extension assigned within Unity?

WIthin Unity, go into the subscribers mailbox, click the messages link and scroll to the bottom.  Verify the indicator lamp status for extension 'X' says on.  Right above that, verify Use MWI for notification is checked.  If status says off, click the 'Refresh status' button, wait about 30 seconds, click the messages link again and check the status again.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us