Question : connecting 2 pcs thru 2 modems via ph line directly

Hi,
   can anybody tell me how to get 2 pcs connected thru their modems via ph line directly (no tel exchange in between). I know its not possible directly. But I am half way thru solving it...need help on other half
I am trying to do it thru dialup networking. the prob is that dial up n/w requires u to provide  a ph no
what i do is write ATX3&c0 to modem thru a C prog..which tells modem to ignore the ph no. and then i kill the c prog so other app can use the port.I the  start dial up client and say dial. on other pc if i give ATA
thru hyperterminal, the modems connect properly. so the client part is working. but when i start dial up server instead of hyperterminal (which i expect shld also do a ATA), it does not work. why is the dial up server not accepting the connection ?

Answer : connecting 2 pcs thru 2 modems via ph line directly

Sorry about that--

In any case, you can do this with any DOS based comm program, like Telix and COmet, which I mentioned before.

Now if you want a windows based program, try QuickLink II or III?

I used to play DukeMatch (DukeNukem 3d) like 10 years ago, and this is how I did it-- through Telix (Dos).

Personally,  I would rather buy a Repeater or Hub for $5 on ebay and route through the powerlines.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us