Question : ConsoleOne won't open

We run Netware 6.5 and Groupwise 6.5 on a single-server network, with the clients running XP SP2.

When I tried to access ConsoleOne this morning from my client PC it failed to load. I checked from other PCs on the network and it''s the same. We've had no problem with it in the past, and have made no changes to our network recently, so I have no idea what the problem could be. The last time I used ConsoleOne was probably a couple of weeks ago.

When I try to load ConsoleOne (either from a desktop shortcut, or by browsing to Z:\mgmt\ConsoleOne\1.2\bin\ConsoleOne.exe) I get the usual Windows Security Warning that pops up when trying to load an exe file on a network drive, but when I select Run nothing happens. I've also tried loading ConsoleOneDos.exe, but with the same result.

Answer : ConsoleOne won't open

Download the latest C1 from Novell (v1.3.6h, I think), and install it locally.  I dislike running programs from the server , esp java apps.  Early versions of C1 are sensitive to java revisions.

I still use NWADMN32 occasionally on our NW6.5/sp7 server.  For some operations, it's that fastest, easiest utility.  I am *not* a fan of iManager.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us