Question : Cisco Aironet (1130/1200 Series) Multiple SSID / VLAN issue

OK, I asked a similar question recently, but feel I need to better express what I'm trying to do:

In an educational environment, we currently have Cisco 3500 series switches, and a mix of 1130 and 1200 series Aironet access points. In the mornings before school, music is played over the campus loudspeaker system via a computer running iTunes. Currently, we just RDP into the computer, start iTunes, and pipe it through the loudespeakers. Below is my question:

We would like to allow iPhone users to be able to use the iTunes DJ function of iTunes without giving them access to our regular wireless network - ONLY allowing them to connect to the computer running iTunes. I am under the impression that this can be accomplished by using multiple SSID's associated with different VLAN's.

Is it possible for the iTunes computer to be a member of both networks (VLAN's)? Would the iTunes computer require 2 NIC cards, one for each VLAN? How would the iPhone receive a DHCP address if the DHCP server is not on the "unsecure" VLAN?

Recap of what I need:
1) iPhones able to connect to iTunes computer ONLY via access points
2) Need for iPhones to be able to receive a DHCP IP address

Any help would be great!

Answer : Cisco Aironet (1130/1200 Series) Multiple SSID / VLAN issue

the iTunes computer will need to have 2 NICs, one for each VLAN. If you configure IP helper-address on the vlan interface that serves as the default gateway for the "unsecure" vlan, it will forward the DHCP request to your DHCP server. Since it does need to tie into your regular network for this to work, you may want to put an inbound access list on the VLAN interfaces also, which denies most traffic other than DHCP broadcasts. This would provide some security.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us