Question : using Linksys USB wireless -G (802.11b) Connects to access point,  but no internet connection??

I am uising a Dell PC w/Win-Me, and since my son has a Linksys wireless router I want to connect to his wireless system. However when I boot up the PC
I get this msg:[you are connected to the access point But the internet cannot be found] When I try to access the internet I see [Detecting proxy settings] then thats it, unable to access the internet. So I do not know where to look in order to see what the proxy setting or what to choose. I am as you know by now...New at this!!!

thank You, pupuli

Answer : using Linksys USB wireless -G (802.11b) Connects to access point,  but no internet connection??

hi there

try to
follow this on your computer

click on START>>Settings>>ControlPanel>>network connections and find the centurytel icon and try to delete it.

additionally try to go to the properties page of internet explorer

on desktop right click on internetexplorer>>internet properties>>connections TAB>>select never dial connection

then click on LAN Settings>>tick automatically detect settings....

this would try to find the available connection and pull the webpages.

The century tel window pops up because that might have been set as the default connection in the connections tab of internet explorer.

goodluck

bhanu
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us