Question : swithcing from POP3 to IMAP4

Hello Experts,

I have got POP3 service enabled on the server and have around 20 active POP3 mailboxes configured on Outlook.

This is working all OK. The problem I am having is now when I want to configure same POP3 accounts on our new Mobiles.

I have been advised to change POP3 to IMAP4 to be more compatible with the phones.

Please can someone advise how easy or difficult it is to switch from POP3 to IMAP4 ?

Thanks
S

Answer : swithcing from POP3 to IMAP4

reasonably easy. normally, pop3 mails are held on the client, after being "pulled" from the server. the client would normally be something like outlook or outlook express, which can *also* set up an imap connection to exchange - then its simply a matter of dragging and dropping the mail from the local client into the imap folder (which will upload it to exchange)

it is also possible (in outlook) to save off the mails as a pst file, at which point it can be imported into exchange (using the appropriate tool) or re-attached to outlook when it is shifted into its corporate (exchange mapi) mode. the former is a better idea though, as it means all mail is on the server for backup purposes.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us