Question : Configure Exchange server to use ISP's SMTP server

I'm trying to configure my SBS2003 Exchange server to use my ISP's SMTP (smtp.att.yahoo.com).  I'm pretty sure I have right info to use (login, port 465, etc) because I can set up an account in Outlook using the settings and it works fine.  But when I try to configure Exchange to use them, it doesn't work.

Can someone walk me through the process?

Thanks

Answer : Configure Exchange server to use ISP's SMTP server

Go into Exchange System Manager, Expand Servers>%SERVERNAME%>Protocols>SMTP Right click on Default SMTP Virtual Server  and select properties. Click on delivery>Outbound Connections and change SMTP port as directed by your ISP, port 465? Press Ok and then ok again to save changes. Right click on connectors and select new>smtp connector. Call this connector something like internet mail. You can now click the radiobutton to use a smarthost and enter the hostname here.  Click add bridgehead (add your exchange server and press ok. Click on the address space and click add smtp. You should be able to use the defaults here (Email Domain=*  Cost=1), Press ok. Click on advanced tab then click on outbound security, fill in the proper credentials and press ok, press ok again to leave the connector properties.

Notes:
- If you already have an SMTP Connector you can simply edit it by right clicking on properties
- You may have to restart the SMTP Svc for the changes to come into effect (Not Sure about this)
- %SERVERNAME% should be substituted with the actual servername of your exchange server
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us