Question : Unreliable webmail through VPN

My office has a simple Server 2003 set up, and at home I have a Tiscali broadband connection. We set up a VPN so that I can access my emails when out of the office, both on the home PC and also on a laptop - and this has performed reliably for over a year. More recently though, it has become very unreliable from the home PC. The VPN connects perfectly every time (ie. I can see the server in Explorer, and can list its contents, copy over DOCs, etc.), but when I click on the webmail service it often just says "Page not Found".  After several reboots I sometimes eventually get through, but not always.

So I brought the laptop home and tested it. When connecting through its AOL dial up service, I could get emails from the office, but when connecting through the wireless link (which then uses the Tiscali broadband connection) it was back to being a problem. I then assumed it must be something up with Tiscali, but they deny making any changes, and implied that if I could connect to the server OK, then it wasn't them.

Any clues?

Answer : Unreliable webmail through VPN

Because this is a change to networking I wouldn't think it would take effect until you did reboot, so perhaps the fix has worked for you. Surprised though Microsoft wouldn't show that as the final step.
Good catch on the reged"i"t32 . Regedit will accomplish the same thing once you locate that key.
Let's hope that works for you and it continues to work.
Thanks for the update.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us