Question : Unable to Access the SB3100 Cable Modem's Config Pages via the Router

I've been at this a long time and never found a solution. Although it's not critical that I solve this problem, it's become a brainer to me. So, here's my last effort to explain the problem:

I have a Surfboard 3100 cable modem (192.168.100.1) feeding a Micronet SP-888 DSL/Cable Router (192.168.1.1) which brings together my LAN.

My LAN consists of 5 PC's (3 Windoze and 2 Linux). I've also added a 8-port hub which also connects two Dreambox DVB receivers (also running Linux & Samba) to the LAN and the net. Everything works perfectly for all LAN/WAN purposes at 100 Mbs.

All the devices are auto-configured by the router's DHCP & DNS details. There's also a test server on Linux, and the DVB's can broadcast live MPEG2 streams all around without a hitch.

Sounds nicely configured? Here's the deal: While they can all access the router's config pages at 192.168.1.1, the modem stays invisible.

I've tried all common tricks like putting everything on the same segment, making a static route from the modem, DMZ, tools/internet options.. ad nauseam. No go. There are no soft firewalls on the LAN. FYI, here are the common settings on the router:
  NAT : ENABLED
  Hacker Attack Protect : ENABLED
  DHCP server : ENABLED
  Block Hacker Scan : ENABLED
  Remote Management : DISABLED
(I've tried all combinations on these, but still no go.)

The http server on SB3100 is not accessible unless it's connected directly to a PC.

I've been discussing this thing with the cable ISP guys here for the past year or so. They seem to think this is not doable with this setup. It's become an issue. I'd like to prove them wrong.

This is not by all means a critical issue, and I'm turning to this forum as a last resort. Thanks in advance for all your efforts.

Answer : Unable to Access the SB3100 Cable Modem's Config Pages via the Router

A simple solution is to add a second nic card, set it 192.168.100.10 255.255.255.0, and connect it to a hub shared by the modem and the wan side of the main router.
Other combinations with two routers and a hub achieve a similar result.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us