Question : How do i export or copy netware 5.1 user and group accounts?

I want to have a backup of the User and Group Accounts(including group rights set to folders and group members configured) just in case the Hard Drive that the Netware 5.1 resides on crashes completely from no return.  I have backup exec 11d but no netware agent.  

Is there a utility that can extract or a file that i can simply drag and drop(copy) to anywhere that contains all the users,groups,rights,trustees configuration?

Answer : How do i export or copy netware 5.1 user and group accounts?

You really should back up your NDS using an appropriate agent.
As long as you have at least two Netware servers, they will by default replicate NDS and thus be somewhat protected against loss of one server. (However trsutee assignments of users/groups to files and directories are local to each server).

As a very awful security measure, it is possible to copy the hidden files using the toolbox-nlm on the server console. However, it is far from trivial to do a restore that way - simply copyiong back wont help completely. Therefore I don't recommend this nor go into details.

To protect against disk crashes, you may want to use RAID 5 - but then again there is also the risk of burglary or fire...
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us