Question : Mshome is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource.

Hello all - I know this topic has been addressed quite a few times in the forum but the answers that have been given have NOT fixed my problem.

I am running Windows XP Home edition on three PC's (1 Laptop-Sony and 2 Desktops-Sony / Custom Built).

I have tried everything that has been posted on this site that I could find as well as some other sites out there (htt://65.24.134.81, Microsoft etc...)

Here is the exact error I am receiving:
"Mshome is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available."

All three of these PC's use to be able to access each their files as well as share printers. I do not know when the privileges were taken away. They were there one day and gone the next.

I have tried the following:
Correct any Winsock errors
Checked TCP/IP connectivity
Checked event viewer for IPRStackSize errors
Ensured that ALL PC's were in the same work group
Turned on Computer Browser Service
Disabled all firewalls (currently running Windows firewall only - had ZoneAlarm installed but removed it when this problem showed up)
Re-installed all file and print sharing capabilities
Ensured that NetBIOS over TCP/IP were enabled
Accessed the security tabs in Safe Mode and gave ALL profiles Full Control permissions
Created same username and passwords for all computers
Tried to ping the IP's (not successful)

What is amazing is that my networking was working just fine.

Any and all help will greatly be appreciated.

Thank you,
Andrew Dominguez

Answer : Mshome is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource.

I have found this same issue many times now on PC's that were upgraded from SP1 to SP2.  75% of the time this will fix it ;-)

1. Start, Run, type regedit (hit OK)

2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa

3. Make sure the value data of RestrictAnonymous is 0.  (not 1)

4. ipconfig /flushdns  (Purges the DNS Resolver cache)

5. Reboot.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us