Question : Asterisk Recording and Screen Pop

Hi,
We are thinking about implementing an asterisk based PBX in our office. Some of the issues that have come up are recording and screen pop.
1) Is it possible to record all phone calls into some database -- preferrably with the order number that the customer entered at prompt as reference? As well as the time/date/extension/DNIS line called/time of call as well as all transfers etc....? Is there special software available that does this already?

2) Can we do a screen pop with the order number of the customer (that was entered at prompt) to the person that the call is transferred to? possibly by sending some TCP message to the machine and running some program on the machine (windows) to do the pop? Again, is there anything out there that has handled this exact situation?

Thanks!

Answer : Asterisk Recording and Screen Pop

I hate to do shameless plugs for my own products, but I was looking for something similar (to demonstrate screenpops) and wound up writing a tool for Outlook 2003.  You can download a free trial at http://www.callingcircles.com.

Using the Manager interface, we monitor devices (any kind of channel, SIP/IAX,ZAP, etc.) and our client program pops the Outlook contact of the person.  You can also configure the software to create a new contact for you if one is not found.

Although you didn't ask about click-2-dial, this program also lets you do that from Outlook (and soon maybe other office programs too - stay tuned).  Click on the contact and use the Calling Circles Toolbar to dial.

Full setup instructions are on the website and feel free to contact me if you need additional assistance.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us