Question : How to enable a group policy for dial-in settings to ALLOW Remote Access Permission?

Hello there,

Windows Server 2003:

I need to find a way to set up group policy for dial-in settings that allows for Remote Access Permission.

If you open up Active Users and Computer, right click on a user account and hit properties, then goto the Dial-in tab.  The default is Deny and I need to find a way to Allow remote access for everyone instead of doing it one by one.  I couldn't find the domain policy that does this.  Does anyone know?

Thanks.

Answer : How to enable a group policy for dial-in settings to ALLOW Remote Access Permission?

If on the user profile "Control access through Remote Access Policy" is checked, you should be able to enable in RRAS. In the RRAS management console click on remote access policies, in the right hand window highlight "Connections to RRAS server" and right click on it and choose properties, near the bottom change from the default deny, to grant remote access permission.
However, if in the user's profile "deny access" is enabled, it takes precedence. To the best of my knowledge there is no group policy option to change this. There is likely a registry key that can be switched with a script run in group policy, but afraid personally I cannot help you there. May give you another avenue to pursue.

Another method is to set up Radius authentication with IAS (Internet Authentication Service) and then create policies for groups.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us