Question : End Program - Power Meter  windows popup when user tries to logoff windows 2000 terminal server

We are currently experiencing a problem on a windows 2000 terminal server.  We have roughly 40 terminal server sessions on this server and this problem occurs as often as 3 times a day or as little as 3 days  for it to happen.  What happens is the logged in user will get a End Program – Power Meter window pop up when they try to log off the session. Then any subsequent log offs from any user will generate this power meter error on their screen.  When the terminal server gets in this state it has to be rebooted to resume normal operation.  While the server is in this corrupted state then when people log into the terminal server it takes extremely long (30-60 seconds) before the user is presented with the desktop.  It doesn’t matter whether the user is a domain user or a user on the local box once the server is in this corrupted state.  After rebooting the server users can log in and log out normally in a timely manner.  We have been trying to figure this issue out now for a week so any information anyone has concerning this would be most helpful.

Mike..

Answer : End Program - Power Meter  windows popup when user tries to logoff windows 2000 terminal server

Hi all,

I have recently had this issue exactly as described

"1) Inability to print
2) Long wait times getting the desktop after submitting username and password logging onto server
3) Long wait times logging off server and getting a Task Manager message, “End Program – Power Meter” before the session terminates and closes out of Windows."

it seemed to happen after installing office. i tried all of the above but had not printers installed anyway. apart from the standard "microsoft documant imaging printer" that installs with office.

i removed this and restarted the spooler service. It fixed all the above issues.

Hope this helps someone
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us