Question : Do I need to set up Certificates for a Basic Radius Wireless Authentication?

Hi Everyone I am trying to configure Radius authentication for My wireless network on IAS adn wanted to configure MS-Chap v2 authentication using Protected (PEAP) method and was wondering if I needed to configure a Certificate Authority and issue any certificates for this authentication?

Basically I just want users accessing the wireless network to have enter credentials and be in a specific AD group in order to gain access but I want it to be done in a secure manner. If I can do this without having to setup up a certificate authority It would be a lot less hassle

Answer : Do I need to set up Certificates for a Basic Radius Wireless Authentication?

Hi,

I am using server08 Network Policy Server authentication MSCHAPv2, PEAP clients based on security groups in AD. I am also using hte SSO (single sign on) so that the users have access to groups based on there configuration in AD - and i am not running certificates, I plan too, but haven't rolled it out at this stage and everything still works fine.

The certs will ensure the clients are connection to a valid source and that no one can "copy" your authentication server in order to gain credentials from a end user device.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us