Question : FIle copy over Hamachi - "the network name is not available"

Hello,

Here is a weird one for max points: I am in the US and have a friend in Canada with whom I'd like to trade files using Hamachi. When I do, I get a long wait, then a "the network name is not available" error, but seems like a simple timeout. I have updated Hamachi, uninstalled/reinstalled (to Hamachi 1.0.2.5 - current) , deleted her Hamachi profile from within Application Data and remade it, determined that she can copy files over Hamachi to another computer on her network, determined I can copy files over Hamachi to another computer on my network, and determined that her other computer has similar difficulties copying to my network. This is really strange to me - it only started happening a month ago; almost like Canada and the US aren't getting along anymore, which in my corner of the States isn't true at all!! Any thoughts?

Thanks

Answer : FIle copy over Hamachi - "the network name is not available"

This is a Windows error, suggesting the underlying network causing the trouble. I emailed the firewall manufacturer (Multitech), and while they are great tech support, they knew little of Hamachi, and their Voip support has been limited for this firewall. I ended up purchasing a Linksys WRT310N firewall, and that performs all our port-forwarding/QoS needs magnificently. It is much more Hamachi-friendly, and I think that our problems are solved. Anyone need a Multitech RF600VPN?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us