Question : Onelaptop can ping everyone but it cannot be pinged

I have one Laptop (XP SP2) that is connected to the (LAN) network.  I cannot ping or access a shared drive on this Laptop (10.0.0.95) from any computer on the network. (my network is a Win 2000 domain)  However this Laptop can ping, search network drives, access the internet, or anything else I can think of.  I have Disabled the firewall, searched for spyware, changed the settings on the firewall to allow file and print sharing, and allow pings. Checked for third-party firewalls didn't find any. Searched for Viruses, flushed the arp tables, everything I can think of.  The address is beind deployed currently by DHCP. I tryed a static Address.  I even tried connecting it to a single computer with a cross over cable. Result the laptop could ping  the computer but the computer could not ping the laptop. I can definately see there is something on this laptop blocking it but have run out of clues to try.  This laptop is not part of the domain but I did name the workgroup the same as the domain.

Answer : Onelaptop can ping everyone but it cannot be pinged

Hello JJunkins,    
Looking over the DUMP, I noticed this:
      Name     [00000011] Cisco Systems VPN Adapter    
      Driver     c:\winnt\system32\drivers\cvirta.sys (4.0.0.106, 5.10 KB (5,220 bytes), 4/27/2005 2:59 PM)    

The Cisco VPN client that you have installed comes with an option called "Stateful Firewall".   I bet you have the Stateful firewall ENABLED.     Open up your VPN client software, Click on Options (im using ver 4.x.x btw), then look at the entry called Stateful Firewall.   Make sure there is no check mark in front of the entry.  

Check this, and I bet you will solve your problem.  
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us