Question : Configure a new domain on the weblogic server 8.1

Hi,
I want to create a new domain of the weblogic server 8.1 to run my java servlets. Can anybody guide me how to set up a new domain in weblogic 8.1. As the servlets will be part of a web application what should be the configuration of the web application. Also how to set up the ant and all the Java paths for running the servlets.
Thx,
Anu

Answer : Configure a new domain on the weblogic server 8.1

You can use the confiuration wizard to set up the domain .You can access the configuration wizard in the following folder
(usually it could be different in your machine but take weblogic home as reference)
Using configuration wizard
Go to C:\bea\weblogic81\common\bin click config.cmd
Follow this link
http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs81/adminguide/createdomain.html#1128250

You can find your new domain created in the C:\bea\user_projects\domains\  directory

once you are done with creating the domain now you have to set the classpath( only if your application is using some jar files).This could be done by setting it in startweblogic.cmd which will be there in the domain you created.
you can set it like this

You can set the classpath in startWeblogic.cmd if the domain is created using a basic server if it is a portalserver then you can set it in setDomainEnc.cmd as well.
it will be like
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%LIB_DIR%\other.jar

//for basic application youmight not need this
Now the application xml files( if you have any) you have to set it in the startweblogic.cmd
set JAVA_OPTIONS= %JAVA_OPTIONS% "-Dapp.configfile=C:\bea\user_projects\domains\mydomain\CONFIG\myapplication.xml"

Please let me know if you need further information related to application xml files.I summarized it assuming that you do not need that.

after that keep your application in the application folder or create a war file with the whole directory structure and deploy it from the admin console
this is one of the good links that will explain you clearly and summarises every thing
http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/quickstart/quick_start.html

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us