Question : How to use two WiFI Routers as a Bridge

Hello,

I need to set up a long range wireless link between two points.  One end has a DSL connection that I need to share with a few users on the other end.  I have to use a high gain antenna on each end for this, so I need to use hardware with a removable antenna.  I've found that the D-Link DI-524 is _by far_ the least expensive, and works well with the external antennas I need.  Is it possible for me to use a DI-524 router on each end, or will there be conflicts?  I am assuming that I need a router on both ends because I need to plug in the DSL into a WAN port, and D-Link AP's don't have WAN ports.  On the far end, I need to both pick up the long range signal, and also allow wireless clients to connect locally.  What would you recommend?  I called D-Link and they said "No, you have to buy something that supports bridge mode on both ends."  But I'm not sure I believe them.  Thanks for the help!

Answer : How to use two WiFI Routers as a Bridge

I have had good success with DWL-2000 AP's. They support bridged mode and have done exactly what you are referring to twice (sharing a DSL connection to a location that couldn't get DSL).

as the above poster said, you need to have AP's that support it, which means that you may need to spend a bit more than the cheapest ones.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us