Question : Not downloading Offline address book files.  A server (URL) could not be located. 0X8004010F  outlook 2007, exchange 2007

Hi,
One of our users is getting the above message in the Sync folder. it's a new exchange setup and all seems to be working fine but this message appears every morning.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Answer : Not downloading Offline address book files.  A server (URL) could not be located. 0X8004010F  outlook 2007, exchange 2007

Hi,
thanks for all you help on this, I've found the answer which is very bizarre as I've never come across it before.
for anyone connecting to an exchange account using RPC you have to add two records into your external DNS, the A record relates to the certificate that is installed on the server, i.e. remote.domain.com. The second is an SRV record, which allows auto discover to re-route to a certified domain (At least this is how i understand it)
here is an example of an SRV record if you're interested or don't know what it's about (as i didn't)

_autodiscover._tcp.company.net. SRV 0 0 443 remote.company.net.

And here is where i came across the resolution, under heading "Remote Clients and Windows Mobile 6.1 devices"

http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2008/12/03/how-outlook-2007-and-windows-mobile-6-1-use-autodiscover-with-sbs-2008.aspx

Again thanks for your comments, but this is how i resolved the issue.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us