Question : Any advice on sucess of Zenworks Configuration Management in a windows environment

Hi,

We recently moved over from novell to windows environment. We have experience of the zenworks tools, and are thinking of going with ZCM. I have read some older forum entries on zcm and it didnt seem that sucessful back then or at least had a few bugs. Does anyone have any up to date opinions of its current success in the windows enviroment? We run xp clients in server 2003 /2008 enviornment. The way i see it is with previous zen expereince it might be easier and more convenient to stick with the zen products as opposed to alteris or similar.

Any strong opinions / experience would be helpful

Thanks

Answer : Any advice on sucess of Zenworks Configuration Management in a windows environment

ZCM, like any new product, had a few minor issues at launch but from what I gather they're pretty sorted now. Decoupling the product from eDirectory was the best thing they could have done.

I've been out of the picture from a technical perspective for a while now, but my organisation uses ZCM and it does exactly what it says on the tin. You'll struggle to find anything that comes as close when in the desktop management field.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us