Question : Hosting a third party domain name on Godaddy

I have bought a .co.in domain name from a local registrar here in India and have purchased a hosting plan on GoDaddy (deluxe hosting which allows me to create multiple websites)

My domain registrar lets me set ONLY the name server entries. A records, MX records, etc. are all chargeable.

Godaddy allows me to "add" a domain name to the hosting account which it internally links up.
I have an IP address of the hosting server which I would earlier use to set to my domain A record and everything worked perfectly.

I want to know if there is a way in which I can achieve the same thing by setting only my name server records.
I did try it but nothing seems to come off it as yet.

I also would like to set up my google app account with this domain and for that I need to modify MX records, CName records, etc.

Any ideas how I could go about doing this?

Thanks.

Regards,
- Saurabh

Answer : Hosting a third party domain name on Godaddy

Ok. I figured it out and this is the thing.
If you have not bought your domain from GoDaddy (or transferred it to them), they allow you reroute your domain to them by pointing to their NS or specifying their A Record - but they do not allow you to set MX records, or CName records from their end.

This is only for their paying customers.

However, if you reroute to them via changing the NS records, they automatically setup the MX records for you pointing to their own mail servers.

So this is what I ended up doing. I pointed my NS to theirs and setup email on their mail server (they give you some email space free if you are hosting your website with them).
I am using Godaddy mail servers for this website - but its okay. Its doing the job for now.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us