Question : Router keeps requiring reset.  Continues to drop connection once or twice per week.

My network is sharing a DSL connection from ATT and is using a Linksys Router (WRT54G). My network receives an internet connection 80% of the time, but once or twice a week (especially after the weekend) it drops the connection and requires a hard restart (unplugging it).  I've tried two seperate routers (DLink and Netgear) and it has not improved the problem.  I have 4 wireless access points (Dlink DWL-2100AP)connected to the network which may be a factor, but I'm not sure...hence this question.

Answer : Router keeps requiring reset.  Continues to drop connection once or twice per week.

I would have a hard time believing that that the AP's have anything to do with the issue.  If this is a business I would recommend purchasing a business class DSL modem/router.  Dlink & Linisys are SOHO class devices at best.  I would look at a Cisco router with DSL WIC, if you have the budget if not try Adtran.  I think you will that better box will solve your issue.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us