Question : DHCP Event error question

I am looking at the Event Viewer log for a small LAN with a DHCP Server (Windows 2000 Server, svc pack 3)

The event error is 1014, and the DHCP server had quit assigning leases to about half the clients, and hence the generated error messages. (I rebooted the server and it came back up immediately.) My question is this: the errors read:

DHCP Event 1014.
The JET Database call returned the following error : -529. Additonal Debug Information: DeleteCurrentRecord:Delete.

alternating with:

DHCP Event 1014.
The JET Database call returned the following error : -529. Additonal Debug Information: DhcpJetCommitUpdate.

I can't find an explanation for those specific messages. I CAN find documentation for two other DHCP error messages below (I am NOT getting these messages):

First one:

DHCP Event 1014.
The JET database call returned the following error with a hex data
status of “ff fd ff ff (0xfffffdff=-513)”

(meaning the dhcp.mdb file is full - more hard drive space needs to be allocated)

and second one:

Event ID: 1014
Source: DhcpServer
Description: The Jet database returned the following Error: –510 (or –1022 or –1850)

(meaning that the dhcp.mdb file is corrupted and is usually caused by power failures and bad hard drives, or "curious users who try to open (it) using Microsoft Access.")

I am getting a different error message, however this server DOES have very little space left on C: drive, and I suppose it is always possible there was a short power outage of some sort, because this occurred over the holiday weekend when there was no one here. So, why the -529 error messages? Anyone know what these specific ones means? Thanks in advance.

Answer : DHCP Event error question

Looks like my first suggestion would have worked... Who needs error codes anyways eh? Just kidding, good that your problem resolved...

Cheers,
~Mike S.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us