Question : my event viewer logging many many errors for event 1041

This question was previously asked and closed, but I'm still getting the same excessive logs of the same error #1041, and it refers to 2 locations in the registry,
they're in the group policy extensions.  I find that those two are the only ones in the registry that have no data at all in the key's value.
The keys are:  
1)  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GPExtensions\{7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE}

2)  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GPExtensions\{CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D}

The application event log just logs those two as the problem.
The SYSTEM event log correspondingly logs high no. of event 7024, Remote Access Connection Manager terminating with a service-specific code of 3221356592.

I found an answered question on E.E. that seemed to address the same problem,
and the solution involved downloading and running winsockXPfix utility.
I tried to download it but when I try to run the .exe file, it says that it's not a valid Win32 application.  http://www.snapfiles.com/download/dlwinsockxpfix.html

Answer : my event viewer logging many many errors for event 1041

Secondly, unless you are having problems with the network connectivity dont run the Winsock Fix util... Plus it can be reset by command line, no downloads needed... Those arent going to clear your errors in the logs anyway..... Might just be a bad download....

start>run>cmd.exe

netsh winsock reset

Then reboot..... Winsock will be reset after bootup.....

As fopr the RAS service....

Are you actively using the RAS service?

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us