Question : VLAN confusion (on Dell 5324 switch)

My production network is on the 10.1.6.x network.  I am looking to set up a second subnet (10.1.5.x) that does not need to connect to the 10.1.6 network.
I created a second VLAN on my Dell switch (called it vlan 5)
I have an EMC celerra SAN - have configured a network trunk (IP 10.1.5.91) and assigned the two ports belonging to that trunk to a LAG on the Dell 5324 switch; then have added that LAG to VLAN 5 through Open Manage Switch Admin.
I have a Red Hat Linux ES 3.0 with two NICs.  One nic is assigned 10.1.6.20.  I have assigned the second NIC 10.1.5.20.  Have plugged that second NIC into the same switch as the SAN, and have assigned that network port to VLAN 5.

I can't get the SAN to ping the server or the server to ping the SAN.

Both netmasks are set to 255.255.255.0 and no gateway has been set for the second NIC.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.  

Answer : VLAN confusion (on Dell 5324 switch)

Kind of disappointed in the answers I got to this question - seems like you each read just a tiny piece of the whole question.

anyway - the problem ended up being on the EMC controller -- we were setting the trunks to VLAN 5 -- when that apparently just confused the switch.  Setting the VLAN on the EMC configuration to 0 fixed my problem.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us